Friday, February 5, 2010

Trainers are great even for one session.

I know I know I know. Not everyone can afford a trainer, I get it. I have always turned to trainers because they have been able to give me the tools I need to change my life.
Because it is not dieting it is changing your life style.

But maybe you can hire them for 1 or 2 sessions to learn some basics.

I was telling Whitney my trainer about my sister and how I could not explain burpees to her. (Below Whitney M. Cole explains them)
http://www.diet.com/dietblogs/read_blog.php?title=Full+Body+Exercise?+&blid=18050

She said wells she should get a trainer and than I explained that she could not afford a trainer.

Maybe I should give you some back story. Because of this blog and the fact that I am getting married and most of my family are in the wedding, they are all exercising and getting fit themselves. My sister and I have been talking diet and exercise almost everyday. She is also working out 6 days a week on her own.

When I told Whitney that she could not afford a trainer right now, she suggested hiring a trainer for 1 or 2 sessions. If you tell the trainer that you want to learn a few strength training exercises that you can do on your own. Be up front tell them it is only for one session. Then you can use those exercises in your exercise routines. Let them know what you want to work on and they can show exercises for your problem areas.

Trainers know how to teach you because it is their profession. It is hard to go to a gym when you don't know where to start. Everyone can do cardio. Don't get me wrong cardio is important, but to lose weight and maintain weight everyone needs to do strength training. Muscle burns twice as many calories as fat. That is why guys lose weight quicker than women. Also a pound of muscle is 1/2 the size of a pound of fat. A trainer can help, they have always helped me.

Trainers have always made me learn more about exercising. But my current trainer Whitney M. Cole has changed my life. It has only been 5 weeks but how I eat, exercise and think about health will be forever changed.
=)

Check out her website. She has great recipes and advice. You can always email her or maybe you want to try out a session.

www.whitneymcole.com







No comments:

Post a Comment