Thursday, February 18, 2010

Diets Vs. Changing Your Life

I am coming to the end of this process. I have been working out about 6 days a week for the last 7 weeks. Even though I will be finished working out with Whitney M. Cole, I feel like this is the beginning of the rest of my life. With her help I am a changed person. How I eat, workout and maintain a healthy lifestyle is forever changed.

I grew up in a home where dieting was the norm. I think I began my first diet when I was 9. I know, at 9 years old I had decided I was fat. I know I am not the only person who started dieting at such a young age. Through the years I have tried multiple diet plans: cabbage soup, grapefruit, raw and some others. They were all hard and I always gained the weight back. Dieting is a short term way to lose a few pounds. But if you learn how to eat healthy you don't have to diet. You can change your life.

My parents did not know how to teach me because they did not know either. My trainer has taught me things that I will take with me through the rest of my life. Frankly that is the reason I went to Whitney, I lacked the knowledge. The kind of knowledge of what is living healthy. Dieting is much harder then learning how to eat. I eat a lot of great things that are tasty. They are fresh and yummy.

Whitney has taught me how to live. Currently in my fridge I have a consistent supply of avocados, spinach, eggs, broccoli and hummus. I can eat all day and not feel hungry. I have more energy. I want to go to the gym daily. I feel like I look better and I absolutely feel better.

But this is not the end of living healthy for me. I plan to keep working out and eating right. I have taken control. Next week you will see after pictures.

For all my friends and family who have been reading this. I urge you to go to the gym, eat better and talk to a trainer. They really know what they are talking about. For those of you in LA, I think Whitney M. Cole is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment