Thursday, January 14, 2010

1st Week

Before working out with Whitney M. Cole this week I ate as much as possible. I am sure you all know it feel great when the bad stuff is going down. But your energy level is low and the thought of working out or eating right is am impossibility.

I think one of the thing I like about working with Whitney is how much she stresses nutrition. I have lost weight before and I am now familiar with working out. But my knowledge of how I should be eating is limited.

As new year came around I had begun mentally to prepare myself to start eating right. Because I had worked out with Whitney before I knew I needed to start my food journal right away. On my first day I started with 2 eggs and a banana. I had a light salad for lunch. I also had a nonfat sugar free ice blended vanilla latte. When I showed Whitney she pointed it out right away. She said I could still enjoy my lattes but I needed to cut back on sugar. Even the artificial sugar. I learned there that "calorie-free" doesn't necessarily translate to "good for me." Whitney told me to cut the amount of artificial sugar packets by one this week and by one again next week... Eventually, my lattes would taste sweet enough sans sweetener as my taste buds reawakened. I'd dulled their sensitivity with 3 and 4 packets of sweetener in these lattes among other treats...oops!

2nd Day.
I had a latte with non fat milk and 2 splenda. I am cutting back from 3 and I will get down to 1.

Today Whitney talked to me about greens. I wanted to go home after our workout and have linguini with marinara sauce. Whitney did not want me to fill up on just pasta. She said if I went and steamed some broccoli I could have the pasta. I did and I love steamed vegetable. I did not fill up on pasta and I ate a whole bag of broccoli. I felt healthy and it has only been a few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment